Want to learn more about hearing loss and auditory verbal therapy?
Learning about hearing loss, hearing technologies, audiograms, and communication options can be overwhelming. Wendy Visser shares her knowledge and years of experience in the field in this special webinar for parents, caregivers, guardians, and professionals. Look no further and get many of your questions answered here. When parents learn of their child’s diagnosis, they are faced with so many emotions and life changing decisions. This presentation will focus on the auditory verbal model, the importance of early intervention and wearing of technology. Coaching parents through teletherapy will explained and shown to be an effective method of parental education.
What are YOU going to learn today?
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the major risk factors for hearing loss in the world
- Name the stages of grief and how the diagnosis can affect parents
- Describe the reasons for using auditory verbal strategies upon diagnosis
- Understand the audiogram and hearing technology
- Describe the four coping strategies for parents
- Identify reasons of why it is important to be your child's advocate at school
- Name the advantages of teletherapy
- Identify the needs of children and hearing technology worldwide
- Identify sources of hope and optimism for parents
Wendy Visser, M.Ed., PGDip Auditory Verbal Studies
Teacher of the Deaf/HH