Read time: 1.5 minutes
The Fundamentals in Sensory Feeding Therapy: How to Plan for Optimal Engagement course will prepare you for what you need to know and do, including:
• Getting to know the client or student
• Preparing for your sessions
• Ideal session schedule or timeline
• How to set up the environment
• Food education
• Tools to keep handy
• How to pick food items for each session
• How to food chain
• Hierarchy of steps for picky eaters or problem feeders
It is crucial to be prepared for all scenarios so you can manage your sessions appropriately and accordingly, so plan ahead!
Picky Eaters vs. Problem Feeders
The differences between picky eaters & problem feeders are seen in the frequency and intensity of the “pickiness.” Picky eaters may only be picky with some food items, while some of the time, problem feeders have a much more significant nutritional deficit due to their lack of variety of food.
The Importance of Feeding Therapy
Feeding therapy is a
therapeutic intervention approach led by a professional, usually a
speech-language therapist or occupational therapist, to assist children
in feeling more comfortable around food and trust different food items. The
method helps limit anxiety & aversions during snacks and mealtimes.
Get Started, Today
By taking the Fundamentals in Sensory Feeding Therapy: How to Plan for Optimal Engagement course, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with how to set up the environment
- Pick food items for each session
- Learn how to food chain
- Use the hierarchy of steps for picky eaters/problem feeders.
Get ready, get set,
and start your Fundamentals in Sensory
Feeding Therapy: How to Plan for Optimal Engagement course now to
help your picky eaters and problem feeders accept new foods to make a snack or
mealtime easier and more nutritious for the whole family!
©Photo by anyka via Canva.com